- Less fixed and mobile digital infrastructure than other states
- Low rate of system-wide public and private sector use, including health and education
- Emerging digital infrastructure
- Digital infrastructure development not facilitated through linear infrastructure development (power, transport, water)
- Build digital literacy and participation
- Develop and implement five year vision for use of digital infrastructure
- Establish digital technology demonstration sites.
- Create industry and community partnerships for new digital infrastructure
- Develop standard or model planning approaches for digital infrastructure
- Support National Broadband Network initiatives
- Digital infrastructure corridors established with power, transport, water infrastructures
- System-wide digital infrastructure underpins health, education, hazard management and other services
- High digital literacy and participation across community, business and Government makes digital infrastructure viable
- National Broadband Network in Tasmania
- Thriving digital economy transforming businesses, health services, education delivery, government services, community engagement, and day-to-day living
- Smart technologies benefiting communities in energy management, water utilisation, transport and working habits.